Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Summer's Coming

As a general rule, I'm a stickler for tradition. But when it comes to Memorial Day, we like to mix it up. Some years, we just stay home. Last year, we went to Keuka Lake. This year, we're headed to the Fenwick for a few days.

As I started making my Fenwick packing lists, I realized that I'd completely skipped writing about a bunch of last summer's delicious exploits. Like, all of last summer's delicious exploits. So here we go with a few of them:

Left to right, starting on the top row: Dixon drinking Cheerwine in Duck, as we wait for our house to open; the fish tacos at Sunset Grille in Duck; Bill's gorgeous pina coladas at our Duck house tiki bar. Second row: Crabs and shrimp in Duck (note: NC crab steamers do not use NEARLY enough seasoning; A stuffed soft crab sandwich at Harris Crab House last Labor Day; Ropewalk Fenwick oysters. Third row: The final Fenwick Labor Day feast, including tomatoes and mozzarella, steamed shrimp and Patsy's soft shells.

Here's what I learned from these photos: I love shellfish.

Also: I am ready for summer 2015 to start. Right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails